At the 2012 San Diego Comic Con we’re putting the Sci in SciFi with the return of the popular panel:
The Science of Science Fiction: Canon Fodder
Packed with the names behind some of the biggest science fiction hits in Hollywood and TV, the panel will explore the science behind movies and series including Thor, Eureka, Prometheus, and SyFy’s upcoming blockbuster series Defiance. Keeping the science straight in an ongoing series can be a nightmare for writers, so we’ve tapped some of the best to talk about how it’s done, and how to remain faithful to both reality and story mythology. We’ll be talking prequels, sequels, and creating good stories with good science from the ground up.
• Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (Writers - Thor, X-Men: First Class)
• Jon Spaihts (Writer - Prometheus)
• Jane Espenson (Producer/Writer - Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Torchwood, Firefly)
• Jaime Paglia (Producer/Writer - Eureka)
• Dr. Kevin Grazier (Science Advisor - Battlestar Galactica, Defiance)
The panel will be moderated by astronomer and Bad Astronomy blogger Dr. Phil Plait, and will be on Thursday, July 12, 2012 from 6:00 - 7:00p.m. in Room 25ABC in the San Diego Convention Center. Last time this panel was done, they were turning people away at the door. If you want to see it, come early!